PADI Scuba Diving Courses
Offered by Pacific Watersports
The Way The World Learns To Dive
PADI is the world’s leading scuba diver training organization. With more than 6,500 PADI Dive Centers and Resorts, and more than 135,000 individual PADI Professionals who have issued more than 25 million certifications around the world, you’ll find PADI diver courses and scuba diving services nearly everywhere.
The PADI System of diver education is based on progressive training that introduces skills, safety-related information and local environmental knowledge to student divers in stages. PADI courses are student-centered and provide maximum practice and realistic application.
PADI Professionals make underwater exploration and scuba diving adventures possible while maintaining the highest standards for diver training, safety and customer service.
PADI’s “Four E's Philosophy” is that the dive lifestyle requires four elements:
- Education: Beyond simply learning to scuba dive, you expand your capabilities as a diver through continued education. PADI’s full range of diver courses introduces you to new underwater activities and can even help you make a career move to become a PADI Professional.
- Experience: PADI dive shops offer a variety of experiences from local dive tours to exotic dive travel. Diving is a social activity and, by affiliating with a PADI Dive Center or Resort, you can explore dive sites nearby or visit vacation destinations around the world with others who share your interests.
- Equipment: Scuba gear makes diving possible. The best place to learn about all the fun gadgets and new scuba equipment available to you is at your local PADI Dive Center or Resort.
- Environmental Conservation: A healthy underwater environment is essential to good diving and divers are great advocates for protecting our water resources. Throughout PADI courses, divers learn the importance of protecting fragile aquatic ecosystems and are encouraged to become involved in local and global conservation efforts. For more than two decades, PADI has partnered with Project AWARE® – a global nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting our ocean planet – one dive at a time. To learn more about PADI's commitment to be a force for good, click here.
PADI Open Water Course
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI® Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course. To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
Talk to an Instructor Tel: 250 746-6669
PADI Advance Open Water Course
This course can be taken after completing the PADI Open Water Diver certification. It's titled PADI Advanced Open Water Diver because it advances your diving knowledge & skills.
That’s what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. You don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed to advance your diving, so you can start right after earning your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The course helps build confidence and expand your scuba skills through different Adventure Dives. You try out different specialties while gaining experience under the supervision of your PADI Instructor. You log dives and develop capabilities as you find new ways to have fun scuba diving.
Talk to an Instructor, call: 250 746-6669
PADI Rescue Diver and EFR Course
Learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver. It's challenging, yet very rewarding.
Scuba divers describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed. During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
Pacific Watersports package includes the PADI Emergency First Response First aid and CPR Course.
PADI Specialty Diver Courses
Find Out What Interests You
Scuba diving is a way to explore the underwater world in new and different ways. PADI Specialty Diver courses teach you new techniques and give you the tools to enhance your exploration. You can take courses close to home through us Pacific Watersports or while on a scuba vacation. See what’s available from our list of great courses:
- Search and Recovery Diver
- Underwater Navigator
- Peak Performance
- Night Diver
- Project AWARE Specialist
- Deep Diver
- Dry Suit Diver
- Fish Identification Diver
- Boat Diver
- Wreck Diver... and more
Or arrange a consultation with a PADI Instructor
Let's discuss all your options and see what is best for you. Fill in the form and we be in contact with 24 hours
We value your privacy and would never spam you